Software Senior Principal Engineer - United States
- Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of storage infrastructure technologies.
- Identifies design requirements and makes recommendations for capacity planning, performance optimization and future direction.
- Designs storage solutions per business requirements.
- This includes performing storage workload modeling for sizing, optimization and troubleshooting.
- Researches and compares system/OS features and works with vendors on system sizing for specific applications.
- Understands storage virtualization, data rationalization, workload automation, storage provisioning, Disaster Recovery and SAN Fabric management.
- Troubleshoots storage-related reliability, availability, and performance issues.
- Collaborates on and implements architecture recommendations to application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, performance tuning. Identifies and eliminates performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, configuration). Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
- Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, Waterfall).
- Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies.
- Performs competitive analysis for features at a product level scope. Leads the testing and fixing of new or enhanced products.
- Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions.
- Assists with the development and review of end-user and technical end-user documentation.
- Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product.
- Protects Intellectual property by working appropriate legal elements (ex: procurement, patents, open-source).
- Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Works with the team to develop, maintain, and communicate current development schedules, timelines and development status.
- Makes changes to system software to correct errors in the original implementation and creates extensions to existing programs to add new features or performance improvements.
- Designs and develops major functional or performance enhancements for existing products, or produces new software products or tools.
- Reviews requirements, specifications and designs to assure product quality; develops and implements plans and tests for product quality or performance assurance.
- Java, J2EE (Boot, JDBC, ORM, JPA, JMS, WS, Data), REST Services using Spring and Micro Services, Web Service, REST API & Java with Internet Protocol Version 6
- Be an agile development team member, responsible for collaborating with the team on release planning, sprint planning and scoping
- Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers with debugging
- Professional Linux/Unix Systems Admin experience
- Experience developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) in a High Availability environment
- Docker implementation and experience with docker container build, scripts
- Proven work experience as a software security engineer
- Working experience with one or more of Vulnerability Management tools like Keena, Fortify, Qualys, Rapid7 & Secureworks
- Cloud Foundry, and Kubernetes (VMWare, PCF and PKS experience)
- STS, JUnit, GIT, Maven
- Experience in scripting and schedulers on Linux systems
- Implementation of Closed-Loop Corrective Action schemes for multi-department programs and processes
- Leads to the implementation of large and diverse programs and goods
- Provides reliable resource, scheduling and cost sizing for medium complexity software creation and implementation initiatives
- Leads the creation, testing and deployment of code for dramatically complex new or current applications involving several teams
- Leads the study, investigation and closed-loop corrective action for bugs that lead to technical errors and issues with the business process
- Designs and executes project and product lifecycle software and quality assurance procedures
- Defines, tracks, analyzes and reinforces indicators of organizational and departmental efficiency
- Leading the creation and architecture of high-quality, dynamic networks and storage/software
- Prepare, evaluate and analyze software criteria for difficult goods and systems
- Conducts concept, practical, technological and user documentation review and analysis
- Leads the development, evaluation, study and deployment of software/storage products and systems test strategies
alarm_on Work arrangement
Site: Remote - Massachusetts, United States
Location: Remote - Massachusetts, United States
Please send your CV to: